FOCUS: On Mission to Protect and Heal
- The fall 2023 edition of Michigan Catholic Conference's FOCUS publication shares how the Catholic Church in Michigan works to protect children and prevent abuse. In this edition, meet the dedicated professionals working for the Church who oversee safe environment programs for parishes and schools, as well as the victim assistance coordinators who serve abuse survivors and assist them with the resources they need to heal. Read and watch this edition of Focus to learn how the Church is working to heal from the clergy abuse scandal and about the progress that has been made.
McCarrick Report Resources
Resources on Letter to a Suffering Church
- Bishop Robert Barron, founder of Word on Fire Catholic Ministries and Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, offers videos, study guides and other resources to accompany readers of his new book, Letter to a Suffering Church. Reading the current crisis through the lenses of Scripture and Church history, Bishop Barron shows that we have faced such egregious scandals before; that the spiritual treasures of the Church were preserved by holy men and women who recommitted themselves to fighting evil; and that there is a clear path forward for us today.
Detroit Catholic series on Archdiocese of Detroit's response to child sexual abuse
- Detroit Catholic, the official online news source of the Archdiocese of Detroit, three-part series about how the archdiocese responds to, works to prevent and seeks to help victims of sexual abuse.
Priestly Formation at Sacred Heart Major Seminary
- Sacred Heart Major Seminary outlines its rigorous and extensive admittance, discernment and formation process to train priests for a lifetime of healthy, holy, and joyful ministry.
Open letter from the Honorable Michael J. Talbot, Chair of the Archdiocesan Review Board
- With the hope of healing for those who have been abused by members of the clergy – and in response to questions from the faithful – the Archdiocese of Detroit shares an open letter from the Honorable Michael J. Talbot, Chair of the Archdiocesan Review Board, on the processing of sexual abuse complaints in the Archdiocese of Detroit.